Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Flower Arranging

Look what I did last week! 


Description: https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjbLfyD-Oc1cdP1W2UUNSR92sAxGLvjNIrcNozpMV-PzqKpsmmFII8ZPMh7bU6hQ3050FKUPwD0TIL2ycmwpWl9JDkY2GPNnALoRQvIhsdP99XFgEGqju8O77KhLX3N8F4cdiXu2bEhYnk/s320/IMG_1482.JPG
I am trying to develop my creative skill set so I signed up for a floral design workshop.  It was a two-hour class and we learned all kinds of tricks and techniques that designers in the floral industry use while also creating a nice arrangement of our own!  Check out the Spring Mix that I designed!

Work in progress

Description: https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjvNlIBNMC1RIunHOV3Wbgm3D8RksQssPm38vNunoGs_nc72wEUWVbY-_a1ILTLaMUmLTxZqo65lllWgbSfMNnUPdc_WxaFtLdGc5FTQ2P4sDtRcPUxAV2Z7afqogJYjKnrl1LAJkfGlvs/s320/IMG_1473.JPG

Action shot!

 
It's beginning to take on shape and look like a real floral arrangement!

Description: https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiLxJW1a7AhUjEgJHOKi_GLuwTWJ9I6qoEbh7lSi_1wGIhDFcccS31sdbTeo5CatNaT3P1abWsPU_ho4aOtvO5Gei8XHwFnv_CAmmVWFeWke_QEEMVa-_uTPwQBUw7-PU3sP1nE0yFvNYg/s320/IMG_1474.JPG

All finished!

 
The final product!
  
Description: https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiaoZVWzvXbgOMzKBN4oPntJtk_rmUMaKSxrhBMIdboffyLektRMsxE4aidyBDUguI7ZssfWa6buQw6wiTsRRXVTGTe2yn-EaCND56CsQ_OA_Ky1n-yNhJe_rCH_zfSE8V7BeR9t9YNHXM/s320/IMG_1479.JPG



The class was so much fun!  I did learn a few tricks of the trade that will definitely come in handy.  I will be taking more "continuing education" workshops including more floral design, graphic design, sewing, and cooking.

 Floral design is a real creative outlet for me and I would really like to do something like that (or similar) out of my home.  Something creative, flexible, and "down-to-earth" that I could do out of our home to bring in additional income.  I've thought about lots of things - everything from stationery shop to event rentals to floral design to something with crafting/gardening.  Ideally, I would have a small shop separate from the house where I could actually do my work. 

What do you think? 

Please feel free to share your thoughts because sometimes the people around you know you so well that they can point out things that you may have missed or would never think of!  I need your help guys! 

Looking forward to hearing from you!



No comments:

Post a Comment