Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Making Pelmeni

One day, we came home to find Yuriy and his sister (Olya) making these wonderful things:


PELMENI! 

This is the Russian/Ukrainian version of ravioli.  It is homemade dough stuffed with meat and then boiled to perfection.  You can also stuff it with potatoes/mushrooms/cheese, but that makes it a whole other dish with an entirely different name.  It is usually served with sour cream and dill. 

Hard at work!  :-) 


I was very impressed that Yuriy was helping her cut the dough and stuff the pelmeni!


Of course, I had to get in on the action!  I helped cut, stuff, and press the edges of the rolls. 



I helped eat them too.  This was the only part Misha wanted to help with!  ;-)  Haha! 


Olya was so sweet to give me the "recipe" which was basically "well, a little bit of this and a little of that, etc."
I guess I'm just going to have to try it out on my own!  The pelmeni were delicious so it's worth a try!

I'll keep you posted on how that turns out.  :-)  

No comments:

Post a Comment