Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Recent Road Trip

I've been DYING to make a trip to Valdosta/Gainesville.  We haven't been there since CHRISTMAS!  Can you believe it?  I REALLY AM suffering from withdrawals.  I am a woman who is highly relational and talking on the phone, or Facebook, or whatever does not do justice to one-on-one, face-to-face contact.  It's just not the same.  I really miss my family and friends!  Especially my sis who just recently moved to Macon, GA.  Well, this weekend I decided to drive four hours to Macon to meet my sis and see her new digs.  She is now working with Rodeo Beach at their new storefront in Macon.  You can also check them out online here.  It's my cousins' business and a pretty cool one at that.  They are an outfitter that sells everything from Rainbow sandals to Tilly hats.  

 

It's beach meets West.  Well, Susan is helping them out in the store and with online orders.  I've never seen her so happy...that makes me happy!  :-))))     

So I got to see my sis


She showed me around, introduced me to people, and gave me a mini tour of the town.  Then we hopped in the car and took off to V-town.  We got to have 2 1/2 hours of girl talk in the car!  Not a minute went by when we weren't chatting.  Haha...I even teared up.  Imagine that!  ;-)

We got to have dinner with the family and then met up with Sarah 5 for some catching up.  Cheryl and Ben were there too so that was a nice surprise!  Shame on me for not having any pictures of the family dinner or catching up with old friends!  I do, however, have pictures of Lindsay Colson's baby shower on Sunday. 

 

Lindsay is one of my good friends from high school and I'm so glad I was able to be at her baby shower!  She and Willis are having a baby girl in just a few weeks!  




Being able to see my family, catch up with friends, go to church at Central, be at Lindsay's baby shower, and spend time with my sister did my heart so, so, so much good...even if it was only 24 hours!  :-)  Our next road trip will be to Gainesville in a few weeks and I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am about that!   






2 comments:

  1. wow!!!! you crammed a TON of visiting in a 24 hour period! Sounds like you got to see just about everyone (including me, lucky you haha!) seriously though it was great to see you and you looked great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Emily!! It was really good to see you too. I wish we could have talked a little more, but you know how Sunday mornings are. I wanted to talk to a million people at church and you were wheelin' and dealin' with the yard sale stuff! :-) Thanks for all the stuff by the way! I'm going to get Misha to hang the mirrors tonight.

    Unfortunately, I'm getting pretty good at cramming lots of visiting in a short period. I really miss people. Drove a total of 12 hours for 24 with my family. Totally worth it. :-)

    ReplyDelete