Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My husband is addicted to...



Yes, I kid you not. Since he has not been able to work, the man has all sorts of projects going on. Working on the boat, applying to engineering jobs, and...selling things on eBay. Items such as an extra wetsuit that was the wrong size for me, an old camping tent, a futon that we don't use, miscellaneous electronics, etc.

Well, last Friday I come home from catering to find Misha greeting me at the door. He had a huge grin across his face and grabbed my hand to lead me to our apartment. As we walk in the door, he says, "Do you notice anything different???" My response was, "Well...I don't see our TV..." He is overjoyed at this point and almost sings "I KNOW! I sold it!" Haha - this is not the end of the story. Later that evening, a friend of Misha's comes over to bring him something. They are outside talking so I walk out to say hello. I notice that our vacuum cleaner is standing next to them (ODD). Well, my husband informed me that he has sold our Dirt Devil vacuum cleaner to our friend for $20. WHAT?!?! Those things are at least $200! Misha's motto is "if we can sell it, that means we don't have to move it". Oh my...I just know one day I'm going to come home to an empty apartment with only a roll of toilet paper and a tube of toothpaste left......

2 comments:

  1. Haha!!! My dad used to be like that (only with real-estate) and my mom used to say that he'd sell us if he could turn a dollar! :) (prob. not so funny now, but we said it all the time back in the 'good ole days'.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess it's something with men?? I told him if he sold something my grandmother gave me, that I would sell his ebay account. :-)

    ReplyDelete