Friday, June 11, 2010

Our Garden

My Papa has always told me to plant your garden on Good Friday (the Friday before Easter). Well, Misha and I decided to plant a garden this year so, of course, we planted it on Good Friday as directed by Papa. :-) Well, look at our little garden grow! We have new potatoes, okra, tomatoes, squash, peppers, beets, peas, cucumbers, dill, basil, parsley, and mint! It's sooooooo cool to watch everything grow. We take a walk outside to the garden every afternoon to see if there is any new growth, buds or vegetables. It's so much fun and it's a great thing to do together! Plus, vegetables straight from the garden are so good!



Potatoes growing!


Peas (like on Jack & the Bean Stalk!) Who knew you had to provide something for them to grow up? I.e. string....Thank you Master Gardener Misha!


Pretty cucumber blooms


Look at those tomatoes!


This is the squash that Misha and I picked this morning. I'm going to make vegetable lasagna tonight for dinner!


































4 comments:

  1. You are such a cutie with your veggies!! Loving this garden, so proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lindz! Maybe I can bring some vegetables to you next time I come to V-town. Do you like squash? We've got lots of it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The garden looks so great!! And I've already eaten the squash you and Misha brought me. Sautéed it up with some onion and basil and ate it over some couscous! It was DE-licious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my yum! That sounds soooo good! I'm gonna have to try that. We've had to get creative with squash - lots to eat! We've had veggie lasagna, squash quiche, squash pancakes, squash on pizza....wish you were here to help us eat squash! :-)

    ReplyDelete